Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

clearing

There are only small traces of the spots left. Yesterday mng. after a couple of treatments with epsom salts and coconut oil (to draw it out) I removed a nasty looking thorn or splinter from her finger. She hadn't been complaining but it is at least two weeks since I noticed a nasty looking bump on her finger.
New words I noticed she can say include 'blbl' - for apple. If I get her to say 'a' first it becomes 'a bl bl'. It seems she can also say something (at an approriate point in the day) which sounds like 'my tea' - as well as an identifiable form of 'dinner'. She's developing 'terrible-two' tendencies which we are all attempting to nip in the bud. One of the worst things is that she has taken against certain family members and if they are required to take her to the toilet or feed her dinner she objects vociferously.
Victoria likes to play with the compare-bears and yesterday Timothy was helping her to sort them out into their separate colours - she amazed me at her willingness and ability (though I don't think Timothy was aware of the value of the achievement) - though he was congratulatory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -