Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

in praise of stacking cups

Generally speaking I don't like plastic. Stacking cups, however, are hard to imagine made from any other material. They are fantastic. To watch Victoria figure out how to build them up into a tower or how to stack them into one another is truly fascinating. She will try one which is only slightly too big evidently confident that it WILL fit - they she finds it won't . Those which are OBVIOUSLY too large to be attempted are attempted in a more cursory manner. I don't ever remember sitting with any of my other children while they painstakingly stacked all the cups up but I wish I had! The developing mind is truly a wonder and I feel very priveledged to be able to help this particular one.
Off to the hospital today for checks and then to the Natural History museum so that Simon can, at long last, see the rocks and minerals gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -