Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Wednesday

Yesterday I went out again with a view to trying to find a suitable high-chair for Victoria. The one we used for all the other children has had no tray for the past 18 years and since the main use for a highchair at the moment is for learning, a tray is essential. I wanted one which would be able to go at various heights. There was one in my least-favourite toy store but after ordering it online and the system not liking my address (and their being no way of faxing the order....) I went into the shop to have a closer look at the one I thought would be ideal. Then what with the noise played over the speakers in the shop and an impending migraine I decided against buying it (all I could think of was that there were lots of little cracks into which food could dribble and be a breeding ground for germs...) so I came home without one. Yesterday in Argos, I came across just the thing - I'll take a picture of it one of these days. It fastens on to a chair, so I could vary the height like that - also it has feet on it to vary the height that way and, in the end, it will do as a booster seat for the table (with the advantage of a fitted seat-belt and bump at the front to stop the child from slipping forward).
My search for a sand-pit took a positive turn yesterday, also at Argos - I am having it delivered, along with a quantity of sand, which will save me the bother of carting it.
When Jane (physio) came yesterday she was full of praise for the progress which Victoria is making. We are aiming now for a controlled departure from sitting - this afternoon when she was sitting on the bed she actually DID put out her arm as she was falling sideways from sitting. At least she has the good sense not to just keel over backwards, thereby saving damage to her little noddle.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    I agree... the tray is an essential part of a high chair. I have fond memories of the one which our three had, and one amusing memory of Michael falling out of it backwards (without harm!) at Steve and Kristine's wedding!

    It sounds like Victoria is coming on in leaps and bounds.

    Love from the Perks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -