Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Another cold

Victoria was a bit unsettled last night - a new cough is taking root. She's fairly joyful about it though. I went to bed early yesterday because of a headache and slept for almost 6 hours. I was particularly glad that there were 7oz of milk after the 6 hours. I keep telling myself not to worry about how much milk there is (after all, one never knows how much a normally breastfeeding baby gets) but I suppose I am not really confident that Victoria would let me know if she wasn't getting enough. She is still gaining weight slowly - but gaining weight all the same. I still would prefer not to wean her until a year but am not sure that pumping 7 times a day for the next 20 weeks will be possible - however, that it is the Lord's hands and I will do it if I can. My research has convinced me that when she DOES have other milk it will be goat milk and that at least until she is 2 she won't have gluten.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hi again, you can see I am in a catching up mood :)
    Hang in there, if you can, I know it can't be easy, just tick off the days, every day she has your milk will be beneficial. I agree, no gluten or dairy for as long as possible, even beyond 2, if you can manage, just let me know and I can help you out.
    Lots of love
    Sarah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -