Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

The children were all given money for Christmas (including Victoria) and Simon bought a very shiny playmobile knight and a sort of canon. He has been having great fun with this and all his other playmobile. When I had to go out to the post office this morning i took the precaution of sending Richard to his room (to minimise trouble..) so what was my horror when I found, upon my return, that James had fired the aforementioned canon at Victoria! I have told him (as he pointed out yesterday at the table) TWICE about how the Lord wants us to look after Victoria - admittedly he DID look repentant as he confessed - but it is getting a bit difficult to protect Victoria from the hazards of living in a medieval war-zone with rebellions and counter-rebellions going an all around her.
Victoria is not seriously harmed by her experience - perhaps it will be a good incentive to her to become mobile sooner than later - so she can escape the missiles (or eat them - that will make sure the boys take care to stage their wars elsewhere!).
This afternoon is the first hydrotherapy session but Victoria is not going becaue I haven't yet asked the cardiologist whether it is OK for her to go. I plan to do that at next week's appointment.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger HadlowHouse said…

    As the mom to some serious Playmobil fans, all I can do is laugh, grin! I am sure Victoria will be victorious in the end (as she swallows their cannonballs and swords, and flushes their shields and weapons down the toilet - yes it has happened here!)

    Love
    H

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -