Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday

Last evening Victoria was uncharacteristically grumpy and didn't got to sleep until 8pm. she slept OK but didn't have her normal quota of sleep during the morning. As dinner time approached she was definitely bothered about something and watching her raise her hands to her ears made me suspicious. Well, if I took her to the Dr. he would look in there and would, perhaps, say that she had an ear infection, then prescribe antibiotics. This wouldnt' stop the pain straight away and would have some negetive side effects. Consequently I did what I normally do with children who have earache - used verbascum oil which I buy from the homeopathic pharmacy. Usually it stops the pain within a minute of hitting the sore spot and normally the pain re-curs within 12 hours when I repeat the treatment. I also gave Victoria colloidal silver. She still has a bad chest (though still not a temperature). Since she was miserable even after the verbascum oil I also gave her ibuprofen. Then she eventually fell asleep and I was able to give her her bottle while she was sleeping. Once she woke up she was as happy as could be and has been exceptionally jolly for most of the afternoon. She is sleeping again now but will soon need more milk so we shall see how she is progressing. She has had the cough for a couple of weeks now and I would be very grateful if it would clear up, the longer it stays around the more likelyhood there is of it getting complicated and needing antibiotics.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    We will pray that Victoria makes a quick recovery from whatever virus or infection is causing the problems. It's always best to hold off the antibiotics if possible.

    What a lovely photo!

    Love from the Perks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -