Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

the party


For all those who missed it, here's a picture of some of the folks who came on Saturday night. From left to right there are Simon (left holding the baby), Mike (Viv's longsuffering husband!) Jackie (she who had the little ones on Wednesday several times), Viv (the wonderful midwife and dear friend) Simon (obscuring someone but I can't remember whom...), Jan (wife of Simon - they came and encouraged me a couple of times in hospital - thanks so much, you're very precious), Kerry (I don't know how you managed to supply such wonderful dinners with so much 'on your plate' already - thank you!), Joanna - she was having a late night and enjoyed herself no end , then you see the back of Rosalie Simpson's head.
Thank you to all of those who have prayed, and are continuing to pray for Victoria and the rest of us. I am sure I would have completely gone over the edge by now if it weren't for you dear folks.
I find that there is a disadvantage in getting to the point where I can look beyond the next feed - I begin to realise that I can't bear tommorow's burdens today and need to learn to hand them over. I have been out of commission for a couple of days with migraine (I guess going to bed at 12.20am on Sunday didn't really help (!!) but generally I am struggling. I keep trying to feed Victoria but am not getting distressed about it. I figured that if people are praying about this (thanks Jackie!) then I ought at least 'take the horse to water'.
Praise the Lord that in this past week Victoria has gained 220gr. (that's something over 8oz).

2 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    Glad to hear that Saturday evening went well. Sorry to hear that you've been suffering with migraine, Tracy. We will pray that you manage to get some quality sleep and relaxation. It is lovely to hear about how Victoria is thriving. Make sure you look after yourself too, Tracy.

    God Bless,

    Love from Sue and family

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -