Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Returning

In about half an hour we are due to leave for the station for the outpatients department of the Brompton. Thomas is coming with me. Norman Wells collected 4 of the other children and those remaining will look after themselves back here.
David thought it would be 'fun' to go back to Rose Ward - that is not an adjective I would select, but thankfully we are going to somewhere different.
Victoria is doing very well - though she had to have Ibuprofen again last evening. I tried breastfeeding again this morning but Victoria really doesn't much care for the idea. I think I shall have to be very determined tommorow and give her all day-time feeds through the tube tucked into the corner of her mouth whilst she is postioned where she OUGHT to be to feed. The more time lapses, the less good the 'chances' are of success in this.
Very thankful for the small portable pump which I will take along today (and hope there will be somewhere private I can use it...) but not being able to breastfeed properly is a big extra burden when going out for the day.
Will post again this evening re the results of the appt with the cardiologist (which is about 11am). Hope to take Thomas to the science museum afterwards and visit the flight section - he just bought a model glider and remote-control.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tracy,

    It's Thanksgiving here, and we're off to visit my Dad for the weekend. As we number all our blessings this year, I consider Victoria and her successful surgery one of the biggest and most meaningful blessings. I thank God for entrusting her to YOU! And I praise Him for your friendship and the fellowship we've shared over the years. We're still praying!

    Love,
    Colleen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -