Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

re the pics

Thanks Phililp for putting those pics on. We have others but the top one was taken on sunday and the bottom was taken on Thursday - the day after we got home.
Victoria is still in pain from time to time and since the Paracetemol seems to be of no use I just use ibuprofen when it is really necessary (like bed-time...). Victoria is doing well and when we went to Costco this morning (Philip drove me in his own car - he passed his test on Tuesday, hooray!) she had 70mls then an hour later she had another 90mls! I am still astonished at how efficiently she glugs it down. It makes me realise how bad things were before!

A friend who visited me in hospital said that people often said to her (when her son had to have heart surgery) 'don't you ask yourself "why me?" ' - to which she wisely replied 'I more often ask myself "why NOT me"' - there is plenty of suffering in the world and why should we expect to be immune to it? Surely there is great blessing to be had if we make good use of times when (to use a phrase I have used a lot in the past 4 months) we feel like we are 'going through the mangle'. When we are squeezed dry of all our own ability to be 'in control' we are more likely to discover the truth that we are in the SAFE hand of an Almighty and loving Heavenly Father who truly does have everything under control.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are so grateful that you have your little Lambie home! The pics are so beautiful (nice pink baby!) I hope her CHF resolves quickly. Congratulations to Philip for passing his test. Praise God for His wonderous works...including wee Victoria!

    Blessings,

    Sheila and Dave Long

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    The pictures are lovely. It's good to see that you are back home again and that Victoria is feeding well. We will pray that you will be able to manage the pain she is having effectively.
    I was talking to my Mum on the phone the other day and she said that the ladies at the Methodist Church prayer breakfast in her village had been praying for Victoria. I passed on the latest news so that she could update them.

    Love to you all and a big well done to Philip for passing his test!

    The Perks Family

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -