Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Progress

Lucy has been home since Wednesday afternoon - the first time Victoria was held by Lucy she made a close study of her face and then burst out into a grin.

Of course I made a mistake about the date for the Victoria evening - it is Saturday the 3rd (not hte 2nd, which is, you will have realised, a Friday.).

I hope there will be opportunity for people to pray - since it is prayer and Victoria which connects us all!

Philip has been working hard and is looking very tired (or was last evening). On Wednesday, apart from going out at lunchtime to buy Lucy a bike for her birthday, he had a trying day - he got his finger crushed when moving a metal beam. I bandaged it up amidst protestations that it wasn't bad at all and really I needn't worry....

Timothy mentioned yesterday that the tax tutor stated that in all her years of teaching tax to accountants she had not found anyone who was such an 'astute defender of tax-payers rights'!!! He found the day very stimulating though the more he finds out about tax, the more he feels the injustice of the situation - it makes him think of emigrating!

Yesterday morning Victoria was willing to breastfeed - she needs more suction, but we hope to cultivate that by making her work hard at the haberman (by turning it to medium or slow flow). This morning again Victoria was willing to breastfeed, which was particularly good because I had a blockage which she cleared up.

It is so delightful to pick out a lovely warm Victoria in the middle of the night!

The other thing which is a particular cause for joyfulness is the new electric blanket I bought yesterday - it has a fleecy cover and makes the bed warm in only 10 minutes - that meant that when I got out to feed victoria I put the electric blanket on and got back into a deliciously warm bed - I truly was praising the Lord for this great pleasure!!

victoria managed all yesterday without calprofen and hopefully will continue not to need, though, of course, we keep an eye on her comfort level.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger HadlowHouse said…

    HI T
    Would love to be there on the 3rd, but can't do a Saturday night, since I can't drive, and would never get home in time . . . but maybe we can meet up some other time. And even if we can't,we still pray.
    Love
    H

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    It's good to hear that Victoria is breast feeding. I'm sure she'll soon get the hang of it! Hope your Victoria evening is a real time of blessing.

    Love from the Perks

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Menekse said…

    Hello! I don't know if you remember me... I'm Julie's daughter from Bridlington! We met when you were camping up here... I keep meaning to write and my mum suggested i leave a comment on Victoria's blog :)
    Victoria, you are one of the most adorable little babies i've ever seen! You're such a cutie! And your blog is very interesting :)
    Congratulations on passing your driving test Philip, and sorry to hear about your finger, sounds painful :S!
    I heard about the suggestion for calling Victoria "Cara", very amusing :)
    We pray for you every day, i do wish we lived nearer to you, i had a wonderful time when you were up here. I was looking forward to the camp in September but we couldn't make it :'(
    It'd be great if we could come to Victoria's night, i'll have to try and get round mum to drive us down :) ahh well, you can't blame a girl for trying :)
    Can't wait to see the pictures of Victoria you've all been taking, i'll be waiting in suspense! I'd love to write more but as it's a blog comment i'd better leave it short. Well, short-ish :) if any of you want to drop me a line my e-mail is blue-eyed-chick@hotmail.co.uk and i'd love to hear from you! Better go, will be praying for you all
    Forever in His palm,
    Menekse

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -