Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

sunday

Having had a lovely week away in the new farmhouse in Taunton (we took the caravan and transferred everything we needed from there to 'camp' in the house) I find there is only one week left before Victoria's op is scheduled. While we were away both she and I developed nasty coughs - we only cough in the mornings now so I am hopeful that Victoria will be 100% by next Monday - though we will 'take a rain check' on Wednesday.
I had thought (because Victoria fed so dreadfully while her cold was at its worst) that V. would have lost weight but, Praise the Lord, she has gained a smidgen. She has been feeding much more enthusiastically today. Last night I took the liberty of leaving her for 6 hours between feeds once - so I could get a good block of sleep - and that worked out well for both of us - she fed well at the end of it.
The new neighbour down at the farm is delightful and there are 5 boys living in the house ranging in age from 22 to 8 - they all seemed pleasant, from what we saw of them. They were rather worried about what kind of neighbours they might end up with and when we were having coffee on the Friday, just before we left, Angie declared that she was sorry we weren't moving in straight away. I didn't meet the man of the house - he runs a bicycle business and works everyday.
Lucy is home next Sunday, for 5 days (how the Lord manages to work out these things which I would never even THINK of asking, amazes me!) - hopefully Philip will drive me up to Leicester in his new car (he takes his test tommorow mng.) to collect her early in the day.
Karl and Marlena arrive from Holland on Thursday - it is a great comfort to me to know that Marlena (who is almost a sister to me - though I haven't seen much of her over the 16 years we have known one another) - will be here to give necessary guidance and cuddles, as well as keeping the family fed, in my absence. There are a couple of meals arranged to be brought in and three days when the little ones are arranged to be taken out for the day. I shall be applying myself to getting my business up to date as well as shopping for necessary groceries (and a cot matress) over the next week.
The three things which I keep saying to myself are
1) 'be strong and very courageous' (as the Lord said to Joshua, repeatedly - reminding me that it didn't come naturally to HIM any more than it does to me!)
2) 'surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows' (as in Isaiah 53 - I need to know the reality of this one.
3) 'faint not nor fear, His arms are near, He changeth not and thou art dear' (as in a hymn which got impressed on my by osmosis through school assemblies).

I daresay there will be more words which the Spirit will bring to my mind in order to keep me from drowning in my fruitless worries about the op and afterwards.

Victoria is rejoicing and not a bit worried - I need to try and take a leaf out of her book!
Thank you all for your continued prayers.
We need to work out the practicalities of getting into town next Monday. Given all that needs to be done by way of preparation we have to get in as early as poss - I sort of favour the train and taxi though if we could have a lift that woudl be best. Ron thinks we could go in the van but the parking situation is pretty dire...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sylvia Lowery said…

    We continue to remember you in our prayers, particularly for the operation this week. We trust that the Lord will uphold you all during this time. We are thankful for the help that has been provided.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    It's good to know that Victoria has gained a little. It was lovely to see you all last week and to have cuddles with Victoria.

    We'll be praying for Victoria's op and will pray for Phillip's test too.

    lots of love from the Perks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -