Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

sleep

Today I didn't get up until alomst 9am. Our 'cavalry' arrived in the shape of Karl and Marlena (plus two little children) mid-morning. We managed to find something for dinner - though I can't just remember what.... After dinner I went back to bed again and slept for a further hour. After that I went to Tesco then had my tea (after some sorting out and tidying up in between times) and now I am ready for bed again.
oh yes, I phoned the hospital - they said that the surgeons and cardiologist discussed Victoria, as planned, and that they don't think it will be necessary to do anythign about her aorta. So now we are all set for a weekend which will include a) sorting out more old clothes b) visiting the osteopath (me) c) enjoying the company of friends who are bringing dinner along on Saturday. d) collecting Lucy from Leicester. That will take us tidily into Monday. Your continued prayers are greatly valued, I still have a very sore throat (and neck too) and am hoping that if I can get extra sleep here and there it will increase my chances of recovering before Monday.
Victoria continues well and is quite vocal - I wonder if she has flash-backs to yestserday's blood-letting session...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Dear Tracy
    Sorry we have been quiet, exams and coughs have kept me away. Just to let you know that we will be and are always praying for little Victoria and you and the family. Please let us know if you need us in anyway. I have had to postpone one of my exams but Sheyne and the children are always available.
    Love to everyone...
    With lots of love
    Sarah xxx

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    We continue to pray for you all on a daily basis and you will be particularly in our thoughts and prayers over the next few days.

    My mum said that Sheila, Sally's mum is unwell at the moment. She is waiting for a heart operation and is living alone. I suggested that my mum might mention that you found the book about Sally encouraging. Hope that's o.k..

    Sorry to hear that Phillip didn't pass his test this time. I am told that the best drivers don't pass first time and can well believe it as I did and am not the most confident driver in the world! It's good to hear that you have a lift for Monday and don't have to resort to public transport.

    Lots of love from the Perks family

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -