Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Wierd people

Aparantly there have been some irrelevant comments posted by some poor folk evidently in need of the Gospel. They were deleted (thanks Timothy and Lucy!) and I have changed the settings so that you have to be a 'blogger' in order to post comments. The next step will be to switch on 'word verification' which means before you can post a comment you have to read the letters in a box - which automated advertising systems can't do. I have also switched on a setting which will inform me of when I have new comments (I really find them very encouraging and helpful!) so I can instantly cut out any which are not genuine. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause some - you could always email me privately if the comments thing doesn't work.
Philip should have left the building site today to head for home. The Warings arrived safe and well yesterday and the Lord so arranged things that I was able to go with Ron to the airport - having been released from hospital only an hour earlier. So the fellowship began - it was as though Diana had never been away! ron will be heading off tommorow, with the landrover and caravan, to drop the Warings in Mildenhall - then on to the camp site. I shall be leaving on Saturday DV.
Victoria has been more sweaty since being in hospital - maybe because I haven't been on top of administering the homeopathic stuff - maybe because it was just so hot and lacking in fresh-air in the hospital - maybe also because she was fiddled about with so much. This morning she wouldn't drink from the bottle - even though she was awake - so I resorted to the tried and tested method of syringe and tube. After feeding she was a bit sick (but I hadn't eaten cheese yesterday, honest!) but I don't think she lost more than 10mls. The health visitor is coming this morning at 11.30am to weigh Victoria again.
I am hearing, from my contacts on an email discussion group and elsewhere, that Victoria's weight gain (however small) is not normal - so I am encouraged and (of course) continue make every effort to stay on track in the aim of getting 600 - 650mls into her each day. The first thing she did when she woke up this morning (I picked her up still sleeping) was look at me and smile - it was a very precious moment!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Noel said…

    oh, how sweet! I love those smiles! you are blessed,indeed!!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Sue Perks said…

    Good news about the weight gain bucking the usual trend. Sorry we can't be with y'all next week, but will pray that it is a great time of blessing and encouragement. We have become bloggers in order to keep sending comments!

    love from the Perks

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Aaah, sweet lamb, a smile just for her Mummy. It was so good to see you all on Sunday, I felt so priviledged to have been able to hold and cuddle Victoria. She is really special, there is something about those beautiful blue blue eyes.
    We are looking forward to the camp, Sheyne and the children will be there from Saturday, I will arrive on Tuesday, Joseph's birthday.
    Love to all of you
    Sarah xxx

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger julie said…

    Glad you have 'escaped' hospital! See you tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -