Victoria

Updates on Victoria Lily Joy van den Broek, born 120705.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tuesday evening

The haberman feeder is less messy and less intensive (I must have spent 8 hours a day every day for the past 5 weeks looking intently at my daughter's little mouth) AND David is able to feed V.
I was trying to feed her this afternoon and getting very frustrated because she was thrashing about (or was she thrashing about because I was frustrated?!!). Since David was in the house I asked him if he would like to have a go - and she was very calm and drank (slowly) from this bottle. So I went out in the garden, took James by the hand and went for a walk with him - which was lovely. David did the next feed which started at quarter to 4 and finished at quarter to 5 - but that is not the first time a feed has taken that long. I am trying not to worry, she looks quite replete - no signs of malnutrition. I guess the problem is that I live in fear of Dr's and hospitals (no doubt something to do with my childhood...) . I determined that I would give only Nutramigen into which I can add duocal without V. spitting it out - but it matters little, her suck is getting less. We have an appt. for Victoria with the cranial osteopath on Friday and I guess after that I should resign myself to being incarcerated (for Victoria's good, I agree) once again. It is very hard knowing that James and Joanna are having to survive without a mother's care - esp. James. The machinery of home life can go on too easily without any tenderness or cuddles. At least I have a few days to get my bag in order and won't need to spend the first 3 visiting times sending home instructions for things to be brought for me.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Timothy van den Broek said…

    The cuddle situation is not that bad, I do make an effort to fill in for you - not that my quality of cuddle is anything like yours though... James dosn't seem to mind though.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Ruth said…

    Children are extremely adaptable Tracy, and God does know what He's up to, even though it's often SOOOO far fron what we think should be happening. My 2 little ones (nearly 3 and nearly 5) coped without me for best part of 6 weeks on and off with grandparents doing the main load of child care, but God's good hand was there even when I wasn't, and they didn't seem to have suffered at all AND yours have Dad around, mine didn't except at week-ends!!

    Keep your eye --- or your mind's eye on the light house and the sea!

    Love to you all

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Here is a cuddle for you, from me, Tracy, I think you need one or two too :)
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Lots of love Sarahxxx
    Thank you for keeping us updated, I really appreciate this and you are always in our prayers. I look forward to seeing the little dolly one dayxxx
    Love to Ron and all the childrenxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
+ Raising Down Syndrome Awareness -